What is ORM?
Online Reputation Management is a full-form of ORM. It is a practice of monitoring the conversation going on about you or the brand and building trust and online loyalty. It can be via various types of forms of social media. This can be like blogs, social networks, forums, ranking, and review sites and else people have the opportunity to express their opinion.
It can be attained by countering and eliminating the negative material found on the internet. You should be short out it with positive material to improve your credibility and customer’s trust in you. It helps to analyze what a customer will find about your business, brand, service, or your products when they search online. Several customers find products or what services they want by looking for them on Google. What he or she finds on Google decides if they will proceed to your website or give you a call.
WHAT WILL THEY FIND WHEN THEY SEARCH FOR YOUR BRAND ONLINE ON ANY SEARCH ENGINE?
AND WILL THEY LIKE IT?
To put it in simple words, the online presence of your brand can work for or against you. This is what makes ORM( Online Reputation Management ) important.
Before you start to work on ORM, it is important to understand the "Online Reputation Bombs" and also known as threats.
- NEGATIVE REVIEWS
- HATE SITES
- COMPLAINTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- MEDIA STORIES
- BAD COMMENTS
HOW DO YOU CHECK YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION?
Well, If you are aware of the reputation bombs, you should be wondering about the online reputation of your firm/brand. But how can you check that? There are few tips mentioned below to help you.
REVIEW WEBSITES SET-UP MONITORS TO TRACK YOUR REPUTATION
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS BUSINESS LISTING
WORK ON SEARCH RANKING SEEK HELP
START BY CLAIMING
Build trust and loyalty
Having the trust of your clients is a major part of success. The internet makes everyone a citizen journalist. At now, you should worry about online wildfire (negative content spreading).
Online Reputation Management (ORM) Tools
- Hootsuite – It focused only on the social media part and it helps the company to manage activities.
- Google Alerts – One of the best and most effective ORM services and it helps in updating and keeping you informed about what you mention on the web.
- Tweet Alarm –You can search the tweets that are about you via Twitter Search and it will send you email alerts whenever someone tweets about your brand.
- Tracker – Tracker tracks – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, News, Blogs, Forums as well as online reviews.
- Embed Reviews in your Website – Embedding third-party reviews on your website can improve your customer experience and it also helps to control which reviews your customers see first.
- Image & Videos – Usage of images and videos in your content or blog posts can help you in Online Reputation Management (ORM) efforts. If you introduce yourself or give a brief of your service, product and business can go a long way.